There are now many companies offering very basic low cost “Direct Cremation” services both locally and nationally and for many families, this simple family cremation service is exactly what is required and fits the bill perfectly.
However, we are often asked if it would be possible for friends or family to come to the crematorium to hold a small memorial together.
Our “Small Family Service” allows you to have all the comfort of a traditional service but without the expense.
Our Simple Family Service
Our Simple Cremation package includes this option as standard and at no extra cost.
With our Simple Family Cremation Service, you can not only join us at the Crematorium, but you can hold your own private funeral service in whatever way is fitting for the memory and character of your loved one.
We will bring the person who has died into our care and arrange for all the administrative and legal paperwork to be completed as normal.
We will care for and prepare the person who has died for the funeral, washing and dressing as requested and you can can of course visit and spend time with your loved one in our Chapel of Rest at any time prior to the funeral (within working hours).
We will arrange the date and time (before 10am) for the the funeral service to be held with you.
You and your family & friends are invited to attend, and if you wish we will offer the services of our Civil Celebrant to facilitate your own small service.
Alternatively you can simply accompany the coffin into the chapel as we play your choice of music and then hold your own farewell as best befits the dignity and character of the person who has died.
We can help you to plan your service plus we can create the design, layout and printing of up to 12 full colour, A5 size Order of Service booklets.
You will have up to 20 minutes of private time in the chapel to hold your service & we will carry the coffin to the crematorium in our formal Hearse and provide all the staff and resources necessary for the occasion.
In many respects there is really very little difference between this service and a full price funeral, other than it being held earlier in the day.
Our cost for the Simple Family Cremation Service is just £1,650
If you would like more information, or simply to have an informal chat either in person or over the phone, just call us now on:
- A Simple Cremation Service is held at 9.00 or 9.30 am at either Sedgemoor (Bridgwater) or Taunton Crematorium.
- Chapel time is limited to 20 minutes maximum.
- You may select any music you choose to have played during your time there.
- A simple traditional or white oak coffin is included within the cost of the service.
- Formal Pall Bearers are not included but can be provided if you wish the coffin to be carried by hand.
- Clergy or Celebrant are not provided for – we can offer the services of our own Celebrant if requested or you may wish to provide your own.
- 12 Order of Service Books are included.
- Floral Tributes are welcome but not provided.
- Announcements in the press are not included
- We are happy to arrange any Cremation Service at other Crematoria in the South West if requested but prices may vary slightly depending on local fees and distance.